HVAC company sheds light on cost-saving tactics
Rockville, MD -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/21/2019 -- Air conditioning. Everyone knows and loves it. But at what point does the cost of air conditioning outweigh the benefits?
It's time to examine the cost more closely. Too often, homeowners spend far more than they should to cool their homes. This can be due to a number of reasons, such as relying on an inefficient and poorly maintained system. But there are a number of other possibilities to consider.
For homeowners who wish to minimize their cooling bills, Vito Services is sharing tips and tricks to cut costs. These tactics save customers both time and money and reduce their chances of needing to schedule AC repair service in Silver Spring, MD, and throughout the tri-state area.
To enjoy lower energy bills this summer, Vito Services recommends the following:
- Schedule seasonal maintenance before the start of the season. For year-round protection, Vito Services offers a Service Club for heating, cooling and plumbing systems.
- Use fans to make the home feel cooler. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, homes that utilize both air conditioning and ceiling fans can raise the thermostat 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort.
- Take advantage of programmable thermostats. Create a cooling schedule to set the temperature higher while away and lower while at home.
- Set the thermostat as high as possible while at home. The closer an indoor temperature matches the outdoor temperature, the lower the cooling costs.
- Avoid using heat-generating appliances such as the oven, dryer and indoor lights.
- Close the shades to block out the sun's heat.
- Consider painting the roof and exterior walls a light and reflective coat of paint to help minimize solar absorption.
- Plant shrubs and trees near the home to provide more shade and put less of a strain on the air conditioner.
- Consider a home energy assessment to discover long-lasting and substantial energy savings. Contact Vito Services to request an on-site audit.
For more information on the company's cooling services or to request service, visit Vito Services on the web at vitoservices.com.
About Vito Services
Since 1934, Vito has restored comfort to homes and businesses alike. The company employs highly trained plumbers and technicians to provide trusted plumbing, heating and AC services in Rockville, MD, and throughout the tri-state area. No matter the situation or problem at hand, Vito Services is a one-stop solution for comfort, energy savings and quality of life. To learn more about the company or to schedule an appointment, visit Vito Services online.
For more information on this press release visit:
Media Relations Contact
Email: Click to Email Alyssa Young